Saturday 23 November 2013

Its a family affair

In my final year of my degree, I decided to address the issue of diversity, or perhaps the increasing lack of diversity in the portrayal of beauty in the media in my dissertation.  This was a challenging subject.  The fashion industry is one that is still heavily controlled by leading brands and media,  which still focuses on a Euro-centric beauty.  Living in a seaside town with a very tiny ethnic minority population, our fashion shows were still showcased using white models, so I thought it best to inject some diversity into in the show in my final year.  Having limited recruits in my town, I called on my beautiful family members and friends to showcase my collection and they quickly became the most popular models of the show.  I have finally got my hands on some of the more elusive pictures that were taken by Photographers Jamie Sweetlove and Simon Rawling.  So I dedicate this post to my all my amazing models who brought my collection to life and showcased what a true cosmopolitan catwalk should really be like!


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Models:
Theodora Costley-White
Laila Tisonoka
Topou Daulako
Isa Daulako
Male model: Samuel Costley-White
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment